Summer is finally here — July 1st (Canada Day) and the 4th of July festivities!
In July we have a full eclipse and partial lunar eclipse, Mercury retrograde and 2 new moons in one month. July 31’s the new is called a “Black Moon” (we have 2 in one month, depending on where you live)
I know you might be thinking, what does that mean, Mary, how does it effect me and my sign?
Well first of all, the influence will have an effect on all signs. It can be complicated to fully explain why. This post is going to stick to the basics of what you need to know. I wanted to talk about the influences and give you the “medicine” on how use the influence to your advantage.
Sun In Cancer
We are in emotional Cancer season. The sign of Cancer is all about security, family, home life, emotional awareness and spirituality.
Wake Up Call
This new moon and solar eclipse in Cancer is truly a wake up call — and there’s no snooze button!
New moon’s are a good time to plant your seeds of intention — but first you need to do some house cleaning. And I don’t mean actual house work. What ever has been stagnant and stuck in your life can now be shaken up and cleared.
Mercury go’s retrograde in Leo on July 7th.
Retrograde simply means a planet appears to be moving backwards in the sky. Mercury rules all forms of communication. And when it goes into retrograde every thing with communication (all electronically devices, communication, phones, travel related details) seem to go a bit haywire. This has the potential to trigger some drama and negative emotions.
Important: Don’t be worried. Why? Nothing can be triggered that ISN’T ALREADY THERE. So another way to look at this is, it’s an opportunity to become more aware of what you didn’t realize was in your subconscious. You can make a choice right now to do your best to face anything with as much understanding and compassion as you can muster. This way, you are using your time here on earth wisely.
Be aware of this transit.
Double check everything before sending off, or any travel details. If electronic devices or gadgets go funky, just breathe and tell yourself this too shall pass. Don’t let this influence rule your life. It is ok to purchase electronic devices if you’re replacing a gadget and it’s something that you generally do. If it’s anything new that you’ve never done before, be alert. Better to hold off until Mercury gos direct..
With the sun being in Cancer during these transit, it can influence us emotionally.
What you need to double check and do during this month.
- Connecting with your family. If family are distant (this gos for all people who you feel like family to you) reach out. If there is any tension, this new moon solar eclipse is an excellent time to soften it! If communication is not possible, then just work on forgiveness.
- Dissolving low self worth and fear. We sometimes talk ourselves out of things out of fear and doubt. We make up a story as to why we cannot or why we shouldn’t take a risk. This is partly out of protection of fear of failure/rejection, but also because we over identify with thoughts and concepts in our heads. In other words, we aren’t fully present to what is actually here. For example, how do you know it will fail if you haven’t tried? As Master Yoda put it “there is no try only do.” My suggestion is to do one little thing that scares you. For me it’s siting outside on my patio as I type this (we just moved here a few months ago and this is my first sitting out) with these large black wasps (I have a neurotic wasp phobia).
3. Getting out into nature. Nothing like being out in the great outdoors to feel good! Nature is a powerful aid and support with quieting the chatter in our minds and allowing us to see the beauty that is shining through.
4. During this new moon, make time for yourself. Burn some candles, take a nice hot salt bath and meditate. Get creative. I like to put aromatherapy oils and crystals in my bath. Putting a crystal in your bath is just a super intense experience. It charges and heightens your bath water. Try it.
5. Journaling and writing down your goals. Keep writing ideas, observations, progress and any uplifting insights you may have. This will help you stay aware, focused and sharp. You can also revisit it from time to time in order to find inspiration when you need it .
The Art of Listening
Getting creative and practicing self-care rituals is the key. Take your time to really listen to someone when they speak. It’s more important than ever to be a good listener during these transits. There is a fine balance between being humble as a leader and listening first. Truly listening. Seek to understand before you seek to be understood. And then we are ready to use our courage to speak our own ideas.
Mercury retrograde is actually the Universe’s way for us to slow down and create some white space in our lives.
There is nothing to fear with the transits of the planets. Most people are not taking responsibility and looking to blame someone or the planets. Yes they have an effect on us but this is actually a good thing.
Blame is simply another illusion created by the mind. But that will be another article another time.