*FULL MOON* in Capricorn
July 16th 2019 5:38pm EDT, 2:38 pm PDT Or click this link to find what time this is in your time zone
The effects the full moon in Capricorn and Lunar eclipse. July 16th 5:38pm EDT
This full moon can be a very powerful influence on shifting perceptions, restrictions and getting really clear on what you want to achieve for the next 6 months. Not all full moons are created equal.
Each full moon brings up its share of triggered emotions. Capricorn tends to bring up our judgemental tendencies.
Oh no! A judgemental full moon? Capricorn is the sign of discipline, law and order and determination. It lays down the structure and identifies our status.
The full moon lunar eclipse effects all of the sun signs in slightly different ways. And of course right now, there a some retrogrades that influence things as well. But the focus on this post is on how the full moon in Capricorn will influence us — and how to make the best use of this energy.
The Judgemental Capricorn Moon
The Capricorn moon can be judgmental. This means that a lot of repressed emotions that we were not aware of will come to the surface. We can choose to use this as an opportunity to let them go — or, we can resist and reinforce them. What do you choose?
How To Let Go of Suppressed Emotional Content
A quick note about releasing suppressed emotional content. This does NOT mean trying to get rid of the feelings or change them. It means allowing them to be. And this also does not mean getting involved in the stories around the feelings. It means refusing to buy in to the stories — and watching/feeling the energy as it flows through your being. The releasing will happen spontaneously as you simply observe the energy that is coming up without becoming identified with it — as best you can. This isn’t about being “perfect.” That’s a subtle trap of the mind coming back in.
A Lunar Eclipse Intensifies This Judgemental Capricorn Influence
With a lunar eclipse the energy is intensified. This means with Capricorn that judgement will be front and centre. How do we judge ourselves? How have others judged us? How do we judge others? We can use these questions to really dig deeper to find the core limitations that we suppress — that are held in place by judgements. These limitations block our creativity and success. Success of course, is not just about fame and fortune. Success is about being aligned with your dharma (true calling). Stephen Covey (The 7 Habits of Highly Successful People) calls it being aligned with True North.
The energy of Capricorn moon can make us be very hard on ourselves and as a consequence of this, on others. We will also feel as though we need to control the situation. This is because we feel “out of control.” I have to admit, I’m a little hesitant on writing this as my own insecurities are coming up. Will my readers judge me for making it a bit witchy (I’m not witch per se:-)? Or will they accept this blog post? Will I lose them? This is an example of what it triggered in me. But I’m told by my Spirit guides to share the info with you in hopes that it will support you with whatever you may face during this Capricorn full moon influence.
3 Day Window
In order to take advantage of this Capricorn full moon and dissolve the blocks and restrictions that hold you back, you have a 3 day window. The full moon may be at its peak on the 16th, but it still has the energy and frequency 2 days after. Letting go and forgiving someone or just forgiving the past (even yourself) is crucial to manifesting greater levels of happiness and well being.
Good News! 7 Steps You Can Take To Manifest More of What You Want
The great thing about this transit is that once you’ve cleared some blocks, you have more energy to manifest. Here are some tips on getting in touch with your most personal and private self for manifesting during this full moon influence:
1. Find a time where you will not be disturbed. Your sacred space.
2. Spiritually cleanse your space. Burn white dessert sage, Palo Santo, incense or diffuse your favourite essential oil.
3. Meditate. Take deep breathes and release any cares or worry of your day or week. Do this for 5 to 10 minutes.
4. Think of person, habit or pattern that you want to release. Write done everything that you don’t like about the person — what they did or a habit/patterns (including smoking and compulsive eating. In this case you would put yourself because this is about forgiving yourself).
5. Set the intention that you are releasing all that no longer serves you. Then burn it (practice fire safety, make sure what ever you burn it in is fire proof) with the intentions of letting go and clearing all that no longer serves you. I like to burn white dessert sage with herbs (I like to make a real ritual).
Then I like to burry the ashes (beside a tree is my favourite spot). And know this, once it’s gone, it’s gone.
6. After you’ve completed these steps practice self care – self love rituals like taking a salt bath, using your favourite body butters and essential oils ETC.
7. Now you’re ready to set intentions of what you would like to manifest in your life. Remember we cannot change the will of another or make someone love and come back into your life. We can only make ourselves open, receptive and loving right now. This will attract whoever is in our highest good.
Most of us have many issues when it comes to getting close to another. Continue being open and trusting as you move forward. The right people will cross your path. Some will be short term and if you’re really fortunate and open to it, someone mutual will want to stick around! Trust what comes through, even if it’s not about manifesting. Maybe you just need to journal and reflect. This is all acceptable. Remember this full moon is about acceptance and letting go of judgments.
If you need more clarity, the full moon is also the best time to get a reading. Book your session with me.